Development Goals Monitoring
What is SDGs-EYES?
SDGs-EYES aims at boosting the European capacity for monitoring the SDGs based on Copernicus, building a portfolio of decision-making tools to monitor those SDG indicators related to the environment from an inter-sectoral perspective, aligning with the EU Green Deal priorities and challenges.
SDGs-EYES considers 3 SDGs: on climate (SDG13), ocean (SDG14) and land (SDG15), to demonstrate through four Pilots the Copernicus potential for monitoring six indicators making part of the EU and national assessments: GHG emissions, temperature deviation, ocean acidification, marine eutrophication, forest cover change and soil erosion.
Project key information:
- Project number: 101082311
- Duration: 36 Months (Starting date: 1 January 2023)
- EU contribution: HORIZON-RIA
- Consortium: 10 organisations from 6 countries
- Coordinator: Fondazione CMCC
What is the approach
SDGs-EYES seeks to combine the science-informed (top-down) approach with a stakeholder-driven (bottom-up) approach to transfer scientific outcomes into easy-to-understand and easy-to-use actionable information in the context of SDG indicators’ assessment.
Decision-making tools delivered by Pilots will be co-designed with users, to offer opportunities to regularly assess and refresh methodologies they adopt for monitoring and reporting.
Who are the partners of SDGs-EYES?
The SDGss-EYES will be implemented by 10 partners who cover different disciplines. The consortium will strongly rely on collaboration, cross-fertilisation, and knowledge integration.
- FONDAZIONE CMCC FONDAZIONE CENTRO EUROMEDITERRANEO SUI CAMBIAMENTI CLIMATICI
- SISTEMA GMBH
- METEOROLOGICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL EARTH OBSERVATION
- WAGENINGEN RESEARCH
- EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF REMOTE SENSING COMPANIES
- SATCEN EUROPEAN UNION SATELLITE CENTRE
- T6 ECOSYSTEMS SRL
- SERVIZIO DI EPIDEMIOLOGIA ASL TO3
- FOREST DESIGN
- PEFC Romania